Powered by Blogger.

campaign archives

Monday, 30 August 2010


 Above: Balenciaga via TFS

I've been enjoying going through various Campaign Archive threads over at TFS, particularly late 90s/early 00s campaign images.While in London at the weekend (still freaking out that I can just jump on a train and be in London in the time it used to take me to cross Melbourne to get to uni!) I bought a secondhand bargain priced pair of Balenciaga blue patchwork pants from s/s 2002. I can't find an image online but will take a photo of them this week. I remember loving this collection when it first came out, so you can imagine the 14 year old inside me was giddy with excitement when I found them.

Lately I've been thinking about late 90s and early 00s fashion a lot, and looking at all the old campaigns from Helmut Lang, Jil Sander, Miu Miu, Prada, Chloe, Stella Mccartney, Balenciaga etc. from that time. I think I'm so attached to that time because it was when I first started seriously being interested in high fashion and buying Vogue from the supermarket and feeling so grown up to have moved on from Dolly (although I have since reverted back to Dolly here). I'll always have a special place in my heart for these images that were so much a part of my 'fashion' development, and maybe it is just nostalgia talking but I really believe they are just as beautiful and interesting as they were back in the day (and much more interesting than most current campaigns, but that is just my opinion, feel free to shoot me down!).

Many more images after the jump if you fancy a trip down memory lane....


Some of my favourites,


Helmut Lang






Chloe





Jil Sander



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Partner

Most Reading

Popular Posts