Powered by Blogger.

Dagmar Rousset

Sunday, 10 July 2011



 Following on from my recent post about cool girls, I wanted to write about another cool girl from Melbourne, Julia. She was my first, and best, French teacher ever and besides providing me with weekly style entertainment in the form of her amazing outfits, she also owns a boutique in Fitzroy called Dagmar Rousset.



I haven't visited the store since it changed locations from Brunswick, but from the photos I've seen and the designers Julia has chosen to stock, I can tell you it is a must visit if you are in Melbourne. From Emma the Shoemaker (whose glorious handmade shoes I pined over here), to ALL Knitwear, Osborne Shoes, Opening Ceremony and emerging label MISU a Barbe (who I posted about here), Julia has selected a collection of clothing and objets d'art that perfectly reflect her own vibrant personal style.



What is even more exciting is that Julia is a self-declared fashion outsider who, with no retail or fashion background, is "having a lot of fun making it up as she goes along". Besides housing so many desirable things, Dagmar Rousset is also home to French language classes in the evenings.








No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Partner

Most Reading

Popular Posts