Powered by Blogger.

moody

Monday, 21 November 2011



Right now I'm looking forward to getting a copy of the latest issue of Apartmento, enjoying the chill in the air and looking forward to wearing even more layers just like this girl shot by Anne Bernecker, admiring this Pelican Avenue jumper on the No.6 blog and the beautiful photographs over at Tourist magazine, and dreaming of Estelle Deve rings at My Chameleon, Topshop Boutique jumpers and Dieppa Restrepo cali portland brandy brogues (along with everything else) at Maryam Nassir Zadeh.

I've also been reading a lot about food and nutrition over at The Happiness Cocktail blog and testing out recipes from Yotam Ottolenghi's book Plenty as well as these green vegetable recipes from Lola is Beauty. In the past few months I've bought pretty much all my vegetables at the farmer's market and apart from the benefits of supporting farmers, eating locally grown food and making me feel very virtuous/smug, they really taste so much better than anything you can find in the supermarket and are really cheap if you plan your meals before you arrive. Plus the sellers are always really friendly, know their products inside and out and are happy to share that information with people like me who ask silly questions like 'What is that called?' while pointing to piles of unfamiliar produce (and are very polite in answering these questions, even though I can tell the vegetables I have never seen before are obviously quite commonplace in this country...oops).
 
I have also been enjoying reading and watching The Slap (a novel that has been turned into a mini series currently airing on BBC4 - check it out on iPlayer!). I started watching the show before I picked up the book, which I think is a bit of a mistake as now I can't get the actors out of my head, but nevertheless it is very very good drama - thought-provoking, moving, beautifully shot and a refreshing take on Australian suburbia, a kind of foil to shows like Neighbours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Partner

Most Reading

Popular Posts

Blog Archive