Powered by Blogger.

rag pony

Saturday, 12 November 2011



Emma Gleason's (aka author of the amazing Rag Pony) Graduate Collection via her blog

I am in love with this collection. The use of colour, the cut of the trousers, the understated, casual mood, the beautiful fabrics (as far as I can tell from the photos), the socks with sandals, everything is done well. I love how the collection hints at her favourite designers and inspirations as seen on her blog (ie. Sheri Muji, Karen Walker, Jil Sander, uniforms, restraint etc.) but takes them to another level that is entirely her own. Her aim was to explore 'comfort and familiarity through garments that have a significance to me' and to make the wearer feel that ease and happiness, and I think she has succeeded with flying colours. Who wouldn't be happy wandering around town in a lovely yellow slouchy jacket and deep red trousers? I can't wait to see what she does next (and for now am really hoping this goes into production!). 

See more at Rag Pony. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Partner

Most Reading

Popular Posts

Blog Archive