Powered by Blogger.

weir's way

Wednesday, 4 April 2012



Ensemble from Where I Was From - a great online vintage store, photo taken at Song Dong: Waste Not exhibition (which is on my must see list now) by Tommy via her blog This is Naivesuper stylish lady photographed by Anne Bernecker, photo of Tom Weir - Scottish adventurer and presenter from here, another ensemble from Where I Was From.


Early tomorrow I'm heading up north to some small isles in Scotland where I'll be spending ten days catching ferries, wandering, drinking whiskey, sleeping in a castle (well, a hostel inside a castle, but it is still exciting!), spending time in a bothy on a farm, checking out the local food and crafts, and just generally disconnecting from city life.

In preparation for the trip I've been watching Weir's Way on STV player, hosted by the charismatic Tom Weir who visits some of the same places I am going to and chats to the locals about history, community and life on an island. Weir wears the same wonderfully practical outfit in each episode - a beanie, fairisle jumper, Barbour-esque rain jacket, hiking boots and trousers tucked into chunky wool socks - and I had his outfit in mind when packing. I highly recommend checking out an episode or two, it is fascinating stuff.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Partner

Most Reading

Popular Posts

Blog Archive