Powered by Blogger.

unexpected

Sunday, 17 March 2013



Things I have been doing:

-Wearing my new Homies sweatshirt and Batik Babydoll dress from work and looking forward to April when these Nike Rosherun speckled trainers hit stores.

-Using my new Kleen Kanteen

- Enjoying browsing & Other Stories - in particular the bags and shoes are lovely. You can tell they recruited some of their designers from Acne.

- Following Japanese Cooking Lessons via Just Hungry

- Reading about the food chain and the scary implications of how we eat today over at Sustainable Table. Also on this train of thought, found 'The Physiology of Taste' written by French lawyer and politician Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin in 1825 which has some brilliant lines such as "The discovery of a new dish confers more happiness on humanity, than the discovery of a new star'.

- Thinking about change and the future after reading this brilliant article on The New York Times via Jessica Stanley's equally brilliant blog. It is so interesting to realise that we all underestimate how much we will change in the future. I've been doing a lot of thinking about what my passions and goals are, and this has altered the way I approach planning and life in general. While like a good girl scout I like to be prepared, what we like, believe, feel, prefer, dream and hope now is not forever. Who knows where we will end up? This is truly freeing, and terrifying, and for me means a few things.

On a superficial level it means that while I still enjoy buying clothes that I will wear for a long time (this is just good economic and environmental sense), I won't feel pressured to buy 'investment pieces' because let's face it, bodies, preferences and above all fashions change. This post on Notes to a Mouse really convinced me of this. Perfection is a beautiful ideal but in the reality of dressing sometimes good enough really is more than enough.

On another level this approach means I am now more accepting that my passions in life are not set in stone and that it is ok to embrace new ideas, new dreams, new directions. Let's see where this road ends up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Partner

Most Reading

Popular Posts

Blog Archive