Powered by Blogger.

have a sunshine day

Saturday, 27 April 2013



From top left: Image via Slowly Fraying Hems / outfit by House of Holland via Urban Outfitters / home made ice cream by  Souvlaki for the Soul / vintage Levi's skirt via Urban Renewal / image via Slowly Fraying Hems / Liana Raine Artisan Pops / Wood Wood outfit worn by Frede


A few days of warmth and sunshine, even when followed by some grey skies and rain, really changes a city. London has finally emerged this week from a winter out of Narnia. She is still rubbing her eyes and looking a little dazed and confused, but nevertheless is awake and getting ready for what will hopefully be a long summer.

As a result I've been inspired by all things warm and tropical this week, thanks mostly to my dear friend Laura's amazing tumblr Slowly Fraying Hems which is all pineapples, girls with pink hair, flamingos, US west coast road trips, succulents and icy poles - all the best things really.

Last weekend I made a sorbet inspired by these recipes from Souvlaki for the Soul and it turned out really well if I do say so myself. My version was just frozen berries and banana put into a food processor for a while, which was so simple to do I was really surprised with how great it tasted. Reminded me that less usually is more, especially when it comes to food. I'm looking forward to experimenting with some other flavours, inspired by Liana Raine Artisan Pops.

This week I decided to channel myself circa 2000 and bought an Urban Renewal vintage Levi's denim skirt. Can't wait to wear this! I would also love to add this House of Holland skirt and top combo, and the lovely floral Wood Wood skirt and jacket set as worn so wonderfully by Frede, to my summer wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Partner

Most Reading

Popular Posts

Blog Archive