Powered by Blogger.

eye candy

Tuesday, 2 July 2013



If you follow me on Pinterest, a lot of the images above will be a little repetitive so apologies!

Beautiful architecture via different folks, John Brack The Breakfast Table (1958), lovely table setting via Remodelista, image taken off Columbia Rd over at 12 hrs, Ace and Jig jumpsuit, photo Casablanca Oceanside Pool 1955 via Another Mag.

Recently I've been looking to interiors, art and photography for inspiration more than just fashion. 

This seems really obvious, but since leaving university, where I spent so much of my time researching, going to galleries and absorbing all kinds of approaches to art, I've had to make a conscious effort to keep going back to these methods. Working full time, it is all too easy to get caught up in the everyday,  and to look only to direct, literal sources for new ideas.

I guess that is one of the things I love most about Pinterest, the wonderful random relationships it creates between previously disconnected images. In fact the internet generally is great at mashing together the incongruous and making an unexpected harmony - blogs like Intelligent Clashing, tumblr, even just search engines are so great for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Partner

Most Reading

Popular Posts

Blog Archive